Website Developer & Internet Marketer
Graduate of three Third Level Digital Marketing courses.
2011/12 – DCU – Post Graduate Certificate in Digital Marketing
2012/13 – DKIT – Cert in Web Content development
2013 – DSA – Web Activate – (Website Design & Development)
- 2014 – Launching Web Design & Development Company in Dublin
- 2013 – Web Activate (WordPress Website Development) – Digital Skills Academy
- 2012 – Website Content Development – Dundalk Institute of Technology
- 2011 – Post Graduate in Digital Marketing – Dublin City University
- 2005 – Account Manager – Reseller Channel at Eircom
- 2003 – Account Manager – Business Markets at Eircom
- 2001 – Business Development Manager – Business Markets at Eircom
- 2000 – Retail Leaseholder – Mace Supermarkets
- 1998 – Regional Manager – Costcutter Supermarkets
- 1996 – Sales Representative – Masterfoods (Mars)
- 1995 – Trainee Manager – Musgraves (SuperValu)
- 1994 – Sales Assistant – Black Tie
- 1991 – Sales Assistant – Aidan McCaul Hardware & Furniture
I am a highly organised, analytical, disciplined and strategic planning professional.
Market Analysis, Analytics, Reporting, Research, Strategy, Sales Planning, Product Management, Product Development, Search Engine Marketing, SEM, Search Engine Optimisation, SEO, Search Engine Advertising, SEA, Social Media, eCommerce, Website Design & Development, WordPress, Weebly, Photoshop, Dreamweaver.
Account Manager – Reseller Channel
March 2005 – August 2011 (6 years 6 months) Dublin
– Account managed and developed top 20 PABX re-sellers
– Implemented reseller procedures
– Communicated product listing, sales aides, pricing, promotions and marketing
– Trained re-seller staff across a range of Eircom services
– Integrated Eircom Net reseller channel
– Produced sales reports/analysis
– Communicated performance to re-sellers/management
– Acted as Eircom spokesperson at channel events, seminars and sales presentations
Internal Systems Manager
January 2009 – June 2011 (2years 6 months)
Weekends – Voluntary
Account Manager – Business Markets
November 2003 – February 2005 (1 year 4 months) Dublin
– Account managed 50 SME/Corporate accounts. Increased revenue from €1.7 to €2.3m.
– Increased new product sales by 190% and equalizer (win back v Loss) by 122%.
– Awarded Eircom National Account manager of the year 2004.
– Project managed largest ever IPVPN global network contract. Value €2m.
– Developed new work practices to track orders, sales, revenue growth and target analysis.
– Designed new customer report model in conjunction with Sales Support.
– Delivered higher quality account information and data.
Business Development Manager – Business Markets
June 2001 – October 2003 (2 years 5 months) Dublin
– Developed / Project Managed for Dealer Channel Voice Win back + Router removal program.
– Encompassed 264 customers and 364 sites. Yielded €987k within 16 months.
– Created, maintained and updated appropriate development plans for customers.
– Designed and implemented Business Development Management Sales blueprint.
– Generated sales aides, procedures, checklists, customer accounts + agenda record books.
– Recruited and employed agents to conduct router removals on behalf of Eircom.
– Exceeded acquisition traffic revenue targets.
June 2000 – May 2001 (1 year) Cork
– Managed retail operations. Increased turnover from €100k to €400k p.a.
– Refurbished store, introduced epos/scanning systems and introduced new deli counter.
– Managed cost analysis and budgets. Led a team of 15 staff.
June 1998 – May 2000 (2 years) Dublin – Retail Industry
– Developed Costcutter and Swift Stores brands. Achieved budget sales 1999 and 2000
– Supported growth of group store numbers from 6 to 24
– Completed branding of 16 stores.
– Developed relationships with group members and internal departments.
– Fulfilled role of retail consultant for 18 stores in Cavan/Wexford regions.
Food Production industry
October 1996 – May 1998 (1 year 8 months) Dublin
– Achievement of all Sales/Volume Targets
– Liasing with the Sales, Marketing and Planning Departments
– Responsible for products across confectionery, food and pet care categories
– Increased distribution of brand leaders
– Mars, Twix, Snickers, Uncle Ben’s, Dolmio, Pedigree Chum, Whiskas
– Servicing 50 accounts and a sales territory of South Leinster
– Dublin, Kildare, Laois, Offaly, North Kilkenny and West Wicklow
– Increased knowledge of the Irish consumer market and food industry
February 1995 – September 1996 (1 year 8 months) Cork
– Management placement in SuperValu Hollyhill Cork and Greystones Wicklow
– Management responsibility for over 35 staff
– Gained a working knowledge of all supermarket departments
– Proven retail management skills gained in the food sector
– Developed interpersonal and communication skills with customers, staff and management
– Accurate interpretation of sales data through computerised stock control
– Sales promotions, purchasing, stock control and handheld ordering
Hire + Sales Assistant
Hire + Retail Industry
August 1994 – January 1995 (6 months) Cork
– Developed my customer care and sales skills
– Dealing with routine clerical systems
– Stock management systems
– Working to deadlines
August 1991 – July 1994 (3 years) Cork
Worked in our family hardware & furniture business
– Retail and Customer care
– Stocktaking & Merchandising
– Accounts, mark up, margin, pricing & profit
Post Graduate Certificate in Digital Marketing
2011 – 2012
Grade Achieved: Credit – NFQ Level 9 – 30 Credits
During the course I took the following 6 Digital Marketing Modules
- Digital Communications
- Digital Marketing Management
- Understanding The Digital Consumer
- Mechanics of Digital Campaign Management
- Digital Marketing Insights & Foresights
- Applied Digital Marketing
Leaving Certificate – Business Organisation, Mathematics, Physics, Geography, History, English, Irish,
1989 – 1991
I attended St. Brendans College Boarding School Killarney, for two years to the completion of my Leaving certificate. In the 7 subjects which I took I achieved 1 x A, 2 x B, 2 x C, 2 x D.
Activities and Societies: St. Brendans Gaa, School Bank Manager
Intermediate Certificate, Commerce, Mathematics, Science, Technical Drawing, Geography, History, English, Irish, French
1986 – 1989
In the 9 subjects I took for my Intermediate Certificate I achieved 4 x B and 5 x C grades.
Activities and Societies: Gaa teams
- Social Media, Websites for business, Online video, eLearning, Digital Marketing, Fitness, Athletics, Cycling, Horse Riding, Golf, Gaa, Rugby, Sport.
- Contact Denis for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals